We are using The History of Classical Music by Beautiful Feet for our music appreciation studies. The next composer we will study is Bach. Below is a sneak peek of my lesson plan for studying Bach and his works.
Bach (Lessons 7-10)
We will follow the plans for lessons 7-10 as outlined in The History of Classical Music text.
In addition, I will use these sites to find supplemental activities:
- Bach activity pages and links to music We aren’t using these links/pages for this lesson, but we have used them before. So, I thought I’d list it here.
- Bach composer study: This squidoo lens is packed full of great ideas and links.
- Classics for Kids I typically have Isaac and Emma listen to these programs while Logan is doing the activities I’ve listed below.
Books to read:
- Sebastian Bach: The Boy from Thuringia by Opal Wheeler (I will read a chapter each day.)
- Spiritual Lives of the Great Composers by Patrick Kavanaugh (chp. 1)
- How to Grow a Young Music Lover by Cheri Fuller (p. 112-116)
- As I read or the kids listen to the CD’s, the kids are required to take notes on a notebooking page. I’m using this one from the Notebook Fairy.
- At the end of the unit, the boys will turn their notes into an essay. Emma will create a timeline like the one shown here.
Add to Logan's Lessons: